[NTLUG:Discuss] RadioShack Offers $99 Acer Netbook

Carl Haddick sysmail at glade.net
Mon Dec 15 08:36:06 CST 2008

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 02:11:10PM -0600, Steve Baker wrote:
> I got AT&T wireless "broadband" - it was dog slow...worse than dialup.
> We were seeing maybe 10k bits/second...there are agressive monthly
> download limits...and the service coverage was (to say the least)
> patchy.   We cancelled after just one month.  I definitely do not
> recommend it!
>
>   -- Steve.

With Alltel it depends on where I am.  Out here PDANet report 192K, but
it is probably more like 128K.

In Dallas the service seems bursty.  For a while fast, for a while, not
so fast.  I can live with that.  Anytime I'm in Dallas I'm more
captivated by the notion of all that stuff stacked so close than I am in
surfing the net with my cell phone.

Incidentally, apologies for dwelling on PDANet, a Winders application.
I just wanted to pitch in on the odd policies of cell companies, and how
to both maintain the high road and use what's available.

Regards from the weather deck,

Carl