[NTLUG:Discuss] Read-Only Email Archive System - possible?

David Simmons dave at dgnal.net
Sat Apr 25 11:40:46 CDT 2009

I'm hoping someone else has done this and can offer advice and/or
platforms/software to use

I'm moving email systems....have
years and years of email....while I could move it to the new system, I
really don't need it on the new system - I just need 'access' to it for
searching.

So what I'm looking for is an online email
system/software/platform that doesn't send email out (so hacking might be
minimized since email doesn't go out) but allows for searching of old
email.

Just for the record....I believe it to be a Maildir
system (used QMail / Squirrelmail setup)

I know that I can copy
it to my local computer...and run Thunderbird or something to
access/search it.....but I'd like an online system (web front-end) when
I'm not on my local system.

Thanks for any advice - hints,

dave