[NTLUG:Discuss] How to change receive window size in most any Linux distro?

Wayne Dahl w.dahl4 at verizon.net
Sun May 31 18:47:35 CDT 2009

David Stanaway wrote:
> I found this pretty quickly
>
> http://fasterdata.es.net/TCP-tuning/linux.html
>
> Google for: linux high speed tcp tuning

Thank you, David.  It's AMAZING how much better it works if you just use
the right search terms.  I was just absolutely not getting anything even
remotely close.  Now I have a BUNCH of pages to check out, use on my
computers and recommend to customers once I find the best I can to
recommend.
> Wayne Dahl wrote:
>
>> Hi all...
>>
>> This is a rather generic question...how do you change the TCP/IP
>> receive window in Linux?  Does it depend on the distro?  The reason
>> I'm asking, while I don't HAVE Verizon FiOS, my customers do and some
>> of them are running Linux.  To take full advantage of the speed from
>> the fiber connection, we need the RWIN to be over a million.
>>
>> I have googled and googled this and haven't found ANYTHING...maybe I'm
>> not asking the right question of Google.  Any directions?

Wayne Dahl
No electrons were abused in any way by any Microsoft product in the creation or sending of this email.
OS: Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron on an HP DV9620US laptop