[NTLUG:Discuss] Giving Up On FEDORA

Greg Edwards greg at nas-inet.com
Thu Jan 7 08:22:57 CST 2010

Leroy Tennison wrote:

> then maybe so.  I'm hearing that the latter is the classic dilemma:
> Ease of use by hiding the details and doing odd things to accomplish
> goals tending toward users never really learning the technology.

> iptables approach.  I would steer anyone wanting to learn iptables
> toward Red Hat rather than SuSE.  Granted, SuSE has this large commented

The point that I'm trying to make is that we need to accept the fact
that the majority of general users don't want to learn the technology.
They just want to use it.  When we talk to people in that category we
need to stop being belligerent and simply help them out at the level of
their interest.  For those people, the RH offerings of today are
probably not the best direction to go.

--
Greg E