[NTLUG:Discuss] Video Capture Card for Linux

Bobby Wrenn bobby at wrennest.com
Wed Jun 23 19:27:07 CDT 2010

Stephen Davidson wrote:

Disclaimer I work for ViewCast

ViewCast Osprey 440 four analog composite input channels and unbalanced
audio. Other options with the A/V option card.
http://www.viewcast.com/products/osprey-cards/osprey-440
You can put as many in a computer as it can handle. The most I know of
that still works with full resolution encodes it four card for a total
of 16 inputs. Encoding is a function of the application. The card just
digitized the signal.

I don't know of any capture card that will work in a virtual machine. I
know ours will not. But it is supported in Linux.