[NTLUG:Discuss] Openoffice /opensuse help

John Fields wigthft at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 12:48:08 CDT 2010

Fred,

FYI: openSUSE uses the go-oo code base (or vice-versa) so you won't be
gaining anything from switching.
Now if you want to UPGRADE to a newer version than what came with your
distro...

1) Uninstall go-oo
2) Add the OpenOffice backports repo from the list of "community"
sources in Yast
3) select OpenOffice (nothing else, just the main title package)
  Note that the available version should be higher than what you started
with
4) Install that puppy.

Let us know how it goes. :)
John Fields