[NTLUG:Discuss] Easy openldap

Ralph Green sfreader at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 1 02:47:14 CST 2010

Howdy,
  This is probably a ridiculous request, but I am an optimist, so I'll
try.  I want to set up openldap to handle a small domain.  It needs to
handle Windows and Linux machines, including a requirement that DC
locator records are registered with the domain(I vaguely know what that
means, and a Linux program needs it.)  I just started reading the
Openldap admin guide.  Is there such a thing a a quick, but thorough
enough guide to openldap?  Can openldap serve as the AD for Windows 2003
and Linux, or is that just crazy talk?
Thanks,
Ralph