[NTLUG:Discuss] OT sortof. Input on Samsung/Android Roms

Gilbert Morrow gkfmorrow at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 12:54:30 CST 2010

Not to butt in, but Titanium Backup is a real nice utility for restoring and
backing up .
I prefer to go into recovery mode and use CWM to flash ROMs with , ROM
Manager can be quirky sometimes.
On Dec 29, 2010 12:29 PM, "John Fields" <wigthft at gmail.com> wrote:

> I rooted my Captivate many moons ago, and the GPS is crap inside a
building or car... seriously it needs clear line of sight to be full yes.

> But I went with the Cognition ROM (instead of Cyanogenmod ROM).
>
> Pro: the ROM is not made for multiple phones, it is made for the
Captivate.
> It has all the fixes and cool tweaks already rolled in... like:
>  press at the top of the screen like you are going to pull down the system
tray.  When the grey "handle" appears slide your finger left & right to
change the screen brightness.

http://cognition.theidiotshideout.net/mw/index.php?title=Main_Page
http://theunlockr.com/category/roms-2/android-roms-2/samsung-galaxy-roms/

http://www.ponack.net/how-to-flash-cognition-on-your-captivate/ .