[NTLUG:Discuss] Network 'passthru' viewer

Preston Hagar prestonh at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 16:00:24 CST 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 2:50 PM, David Simmons <dave at dgnal.net> wrote:
> Just a 'report back'....since my issues were intermittent with FIOS, I'll
> have to use/try it for a few days - but I will say, saying the MTU to 1400
> has really made the network / internet noticeably peppier!
>
> Thanks - great insight and suggestion,
>
> -dave

No problem.  I spend about a week and a half pulling my hair out,
trying everything I could think of until I figured out to try MTU.
Now it is something I will never forget :).  We were able to get to
get other sites to load with a MTU higher than 1400 (I think our
actual max was around 1420) but we just set it to 1400 since the
difference between 1400 and 1420 didn't seem that big and we would be
sure to be under whatever was needed.

Preston