[NTLUG:Discuss] Format For External Storage

Bobby Sanders ssanders at ssvzc.com
Sat Feb 26 10:11:30 CST 2011

Just purchased a new external HD to use solely for backup storage for my
Linux computers.  It has tons of Windows crud on it.  I never use
Windows, but some of the family does.  It will not be used to backup
those machines, but there may come a time in the future when someone
will need to access this device from a windoze machine.

I need your advice and/or recommendations as to how to prepare this
drive for its designated purpose.  Don't need "step by step"
instructions just suggestions and reasons for what choices to make.  Of
course, I could leave it "as is" and just start using it.

Thanks,

Bobby Sanders