[NTLUG:Discuss] somewhat odd boot behavior

Gilbert Morrow gkfmorrow at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 15:09:27 CST 2012

In the OS GUI (KDE , Gnome) you have the ability to set a power button
event , meaning when you push the power button it initiates a event such as
bringing up a power down option , ie ... restart , power down , hibernate ,
etc..
I have mine set to power down the computer when power button is pressed
(not held) , you can set it so it will ask if you want to do the action or
just power down without any further user input (my choice) .
Everything I am alluding to is in KDE , I am not a Gnome fan thus do not
use Gnome , but it should do it as well .

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 1:17 PM, Fred James <fredjame at fredjame.cnc.net>wrote:

> So we are talking about the actual physical buttons?
> Regards
> Fred James
>
> Gilbert Morrow wrote:
>
>> Correct.
>> power management can control what happens when you press the power button.

>>> buttons here, right?  I mean we aren't taking about the physical power
>>> and
>>> reset buttons, are we?
>>> Thanks
>>> Regards
>>> Fred James

See that picture of the Mosasaur , I have a bone from one .