[NTLUG:Discuss] Time for change....

Christopher Cox cjcox at acm.org
Wed Apr 23 23:14:43 CDT 2014

So... as many of you know (well..maybe not that many)... NTLUG is considering a
"change".  Not exactly sure what the "change" is though.  One thing is a change
of meeting venue.  The folks at Dallas Makerspace http://dallasmakerspace.org
have generously offered to host us if we want.  We haven't done anything
official on this, but hey, the group hasn't exactly been doing anything really
"official" for quite some time.

Another change is I'd like to announce my retirement as the apparent lifetime
President of NTLUG.  Work is getting harder, pay is lower, hours are longer,
etc... I simply cannot put the effort into NTLUG that I'd like to anymore.  And
I'm finding that I cannot be a regular attender like in the past.

So... I guess it would be nice for somebody to step up and follow up with John
Fields or others at Makerspace... and... well... start a new revolution of
change for the group.  Keep your options open and everyone needs to have an open
mind... change can be a very good thing.

I'll still be around and will attend meetings when I'm able.

Feel free to contact me if you have questions or other....

Best regards,
Christopher Cox