[NTLUG:Discuss] CentOS server not keeping time

Neil Aggarwal neil at JAMMConsulting.com
Thu Jul 3 09:16:03 CDT 2014

Hey everyone:

I have some additional information:

With ntpd running, if I do this command:
ntpdate -u 0.centos.pool.ntp.org
the time goes back to normal so it is obviously not a firewall or
connectivity
issue.  I did that a few days back and then the time is off again so I think
this is only a temporary fix.

If I do ntpq -p, I get this output:
jitter
==
 helium.constant .INIT.          16 u    - 1024    0    0.000    0.000
0.000
 lithium.constan .INIT.          16 u    - 1024    0    0.000    0.000
0.000
 bindcat.fhsu.ed .INIT.          16 u    - 1024    0    0.000    0.000
0.000
 76.73.0.4       .INIT.          16 u    - 1024    0    0.000    0.000
0.000

It looks like the servers are still initializing, but my system has been
running
for quite some time  update gives me 39 min.  That should be enough time
for the servers to sync.

Any idea why the server is not syncing?

Thanks,
  Neil

--
Neil Aggarwal, (972) 834-1565
We lend money to investors to buy or refinance single family rent houses.