[NTLUG:Discuss] Replicating devices

Leroy Tennison leroy.tennison at verizon.net
Sat May 30 00:33:08 CDT 2015

I'm needing to replicate the functionality of two appliances (each with
10 NICS) running Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS (no GUI).  They host a
firewall, DHCP and DNS server.  I know I can't blanket replicate /etc
because of at least the following files unique to each unit. I'm looking
for feedback about any other similar files I should be concerned with,
any other ones?

fstab, group, gshadow, hostname, issue, issue.net, lsb-release, mtab,
passwd, network/interfaces and maybe debian_version,
lsb-release and os-release.