[NTLUG:Discuss] OpenSuse 13.1 USB mount point

DR oryza448 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 14:29:29 CDT 2015

When I mount a USB drive it is now located in the /var/run/media/{username}
whereas before it was in the /media directory.

I have created a softlink in the /media directory to overcome the
requirement to enter the "long" directory name so the main frustration has
been overcome.

What is the justification for this change and can it be modified to
automatically mount external drives under /media?

I am sure that someone at Suse thinks this is an improvement but I also
think they are using the GUI exclusively.

Dennis