[NTLUG:Discuss] Linux preferred configurations

Gb91302 gb91302 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 10:42:41 CDT 2017

Leroy,
I'm in the process of setting up 8 laptops that will go to low income
individuals enrolled in a SalesForce Administrator course.
At the end of the training, they will hopefully pass the certification exam
and get good paying jobs!

Here are a couple of my favorite Linux tweaks:
1. Power Manager - check the box to display the P-Mgr icon on the task bar;
2. Open Office  - set the Load/Save defaults to save files as DOC, XLS, &
PPT.

In Windows, I have created Powershell scripts to do these and several other
favorite tweaks.
Since setting up Linux systems will be a recurring task, I would like to
create a similar script for Linux.
The plan is to reduce setup time as we add more and more customizations to
the script.

Any volunteers!?
Gil Brand
214-282-2581