[NTLUG:Discuss] Yast2 (was: GS and Postscript debugging.)

Kevin Brannen kbrannen at gte.net
Thu Jan 13 12:31:11 CST 2000

Kevin Brannen wrote:

> Steve Baker wrote:
> >
> > TJ Bell wrote:

> > > The original SuSE 6.3 shipment had a problem with YaST2...perhaps the
> > > second one was from a later shipment with the problem having been
> > > fixed??
> >
> > I wondered about that too - but the second one still has the
> > note inside the box telling you about the YAST2 problem. I
> > checked the serial numbers on the CD's and a couple of them
> > *are* different though.
> >
> > Perhaps I should try installing it.
>
> I just went to
> http://www.suse.de/en/support/download/updates/63_update.html and I
> didn't see any mention of an update for yast2.  There's various security
> updates for some of the network utilities though.  I'll see what my box
> has tomorrow morning.

OK, mine has the "slip of paper too".

For those who have already installed, did you use yast2 or yast1?  If
you used yast2, did it just use your partitions as is or try to change
them?  I asked because I just read a review of it, and the author said
it was made installation easy but that it changed his partitions.  I
don't want that, I have them like I want them.  Does anyone have any
experiences to share on this?

Thanks,
Kevin