[NTLUG:Discuss] Linux Print Server for a hetorogeneous network anyone?

Kyle_Davenport@compusa.com Kyle_Davenport at compusa.com
Thu Feb 17 16:46:16 CST 2000

A comprehensive series on printing under linux appeared recently on
www.linuxjournal.com.

"Scott Womer" <Scott at womer.com> on 02/16/2000 06:30:05 PM

Please respond to discuss at ntlug.org

To:   discuss at ntlug.org
cc:    (bcc: Kyle Davenport/Is/Corporate/CompUSA)
Subject:  [NTLUG:Discuss] Linux Print Server for a hetorogeneous network anyone?

Has anyone in our group done it?  Can anyone point me at some
sites/documentation to review to see how to do it?

I would like to set up a fault tolerant print servers that can accept print
jobs from win*, linux and hp-ux.

The road I'm headed down is TurboCluster-Linux, with the CUPS spooler and
Samba, all my printers are either LexMark or HP and all printers have their
own IP address.

I don't want to invent this if I don't have to, and I know there's
organizations out there that do this (Cisco for one), but I have not been
able to find any documented "Case Studies" or "HOWTOs" on the combinations
of technology that are known to work.

Anyone?

Thanks,
Scott Womer