[NTLUG:Discuss] mail server question

Bug Hunter bughuntr at one.ctelcom.net
Wed Feb 23 08:30:36 CST 2000

  I think that you need a .com or .net at the end.  I am not positive
about that, since things like .cx resolve out in the real world. Having a
bogus domain name is not a problem. Having a real
domain name is not a problem, as long as your named thinks it is the
authoritive server for that domain.  You simply won't be able to access
that domain in the real world, effectively cutting it off for your
machines (but only your machines).  asking for machines in that domain
will cause your dns server to answer with whatever is in the file you
provided. :)