[NTLUG:Discuss] delaying eth1 initializatio [was: which one is eth0, and which one is eth1?

m m llliiilll at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 14 01:03:37 CDT 2000

Thanks Mark and all:

I fond the problem why the eth1 did not be displayed. there was a mistake in
the /etc/conf.midule.
Now, I have new problem! these two NIC don't work now! these NIC are 3com
3c509
in the /dev/conf.modules
alias eth0 3c509
alias eth1 3c509
options eth0 -o 3c509-0 io=0x300 irq=10
options eth1 -o 3c509-1 io=0x340 irq=7 (or 15, have tried both)

In booting progress, both eth0 and eth1 can not bring up, the message is

... eth0 insmod /var.../3c509.o ... insmod eth0 failed
delaying eth0 initialization                  [failed]
same for eth1.

check with dmesg, nothing for eth0, eth1.

what is wrong? please help.

TIA

jc