[NTLUG:Discuss] I need 2.4 kernel installation help and

Michael H. Collins mhtexcollins at austin.rr.com
Mon Jan 8 10:07:41 CST 2001

	This is all too weird.  I am running 3 machines, one dual boot Mandrake
and Conectiva.  This laptop is Mandrake 7.1.  I have not upgraded
anything.  I got a 2.4 kernel from kernel.org, compiled it and they all
work modules and all.  I did have to give the laptop a  "depmod -av" but
I didn't do even that on the rest.

How am I getting away with this?