[NTLUG:Discuss] attn: newbies!

acmarable acmarable at home.com
Mon Apr 9 10:57:46 CDT 2001

You certainly have some good ideas there, thanks to everyone for their
input.
Being a newbie myself I don't or rather have not worked with Unix at all.
However I  have on occasion after reading a Linux book noticed very little
in
the way of "How" to do something specific.  Without sounding redundant if
this
was already brought up I ask of you the following:

Since I am extremely new to Linux and Unix for that matter,  I don't even
know
how to edit a file or perform even the most basic of functions in the
command line
areas.  As you're already aware, to begin with the authors on the market
write
as if you already know how to use Unix.  Well I don't, I know I'm not the
only one.
I'd love to just forget M$ all together and use Linux with more fluency than
I do
Mr. Bills software.  With that said would it be much trouble to put a page
or two
out there on how to edit files through the command line or update rmp's or
whatever.  If there is something of this nature on our sites already then
someone
point them out to me.  Thanks in advance.