[NTLUG:Discuss] attn: newbies!

Christopher Browne cbbrowne at localhost.brownes.org
Mon Apr 9 15:52:57 CDT 2001

On Mon, 09 Apr 2001 15:26:55 CDT, the world broke into rejoicing as
David Neeley <dbneeley at yahoo.com>  said:
> SuSE is not RedHat based, although it uses the RPM distribution format.
>
> If we give opinions about the various distros, I suggest we give a "box
> score" of good & bad features about each. Otherwise, huge tables tend to be
> put together which can be a pain to set up and maintain with any accuracy.

A moderately evil thought:

   Opinions about distributions need to be dated, associated with
   version numbers, and have the identity of the holder of the opinion
   clearly disclosed.

And I'd certainly go along with the notion of _not_ building any
"huge tables of values;" down _that_ road lies a morass of verification
work that is liable to get obsolete any time _any_ distribution maker
comes out with a new version.
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "gro.gultn@" "enworbbc"))
http://vip.hyperusa.com/~cbbrowne/resume.html