[NTLUG:Discuss] Pivot for X

Alex Coker Alex.Coker at ipaper.com
Tue Apr 10 07:48:13 CDT 2001

I'd talk to the guys working on the Agenda PDA, they have a way of rotating
the X Window.

Mike <just_mike_y at yahoo.com>@ntlug.org on 04/09/2001 11:54:19 PM

Please respond to discuss at ntlug.org

Sent by:  discuss-admin at ntlug.org

To:   discuss at ntlug.org
cc:
Subject:  [NTLUG:Discuss] Pivot for X

Is there an EASY (or even hard) way to setup X with the Axis' flipped?
Is there an easy  way to have some virtual desktops landscape an others
portrait?

The intended application here is for a tablet/pen/pad computer.. In my
research on what to pack into a tablet, I've noticed that most reasons
to tabletize (e-books, user manuals, to do list type apps, etc.) work
better on a portrait shaped screen, but there are a few apps (such as
the walking spreadsheet) that will always work better in landscape.

More to my immediate problem, My tablet computer has the grip built into
the long side (along the top.) Thanks to this, It's much easier to hold
my tablet PC in a portrait position than in a landscape position, and
still be able to tap it or write on it.  Since all my apps are in
landscape, this leads to sore wrist or neck muscles.

Anyone seen a rotating X, or a rotated X, or know a way to make desktops
3 and 4 rotate 90 degrees?

Thanks in advance for any pointers, links, or ideas.

Michael Hart

(See attached file: just_mike_y.vcf)