[NTLUG:Discuss] Gigabyte 7ZX --sound trouble

Chris Cox cjcox at acm.org
Fri Apr 13 10:20:26 CDT 2001

OS version?  This board has given many some sound difficulties
in the past.  Seems that the VIA82cxxx_audio is the right
choice.... but there are some who say use the es1371.
There is supposedly a diagnostic program with the VIA set
that might offer up some help.

Also, you may want to try taking out the SMC-Ultra and
see if that helps (could be some conflicts).. if it
has on board video, you could take out the voodoo too.

I know nothing about the board except what I've read
about it.... so these are just random stabs in the
dark.

Regards,
Chris