[NTLUG:Discuss] Mounting a Logical drive

Buddy Brannan davros at ycardz.com
Fri Apr 13 12:12:48 CDT 2001

Yes, it is possible. ... Or should be.

The first four drive partitions (hdX1-4) are ... My memory is failing
me. Anyway, extended partitions are numbered 5 and up. My drive, for
instance, is set up like this:
hda1 is a DOS partition (with Win95)
hda2 is Linux native (root file system)
hda3 is Linux swap
hda4 is the last partition where it would appear my extended
partitions live.
hda5 was formerly a dos partition (DOS drive d:) but is now Linux
native
hda6 is Linux native (/home)

hda5 and hda6 are extended partitions.

To get an idea of how your drive is set up, you can type
fdisk /dev/hdb
or /dev/hda as the case me be.

You can then type p (folowed by enter) tp print your partition table
to the screen. That should give you an idea of what partition Linux
has your logical DOS drive labeled as. I would suspect it may be
/dev/hda5

--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV    | I choose you to take up all of my time.
Email: davros at ycardz.com | I choose you because you're funny and kind