[NTLUG:Discuss] Die hard SuSE fan... err... Mandrake 8.0!

Chris Cox cjcox at acm.org
Wed May 2 23:19:12 CDT 2001

I guess it does "depend" on many variables.
For the first time in my life, Tux Racer actually
works on a 3d setup on my G200 (mdk 8.0).

SuSE 7.1 configured the g200 but didn't do the
agp stuff right and the driver was a bit old.

Oh well... I guess every distribution can only
test certain pieces of hw.

I offered to help test SuSE in the past... they
declined my assistance (for free.... yet they
still declined... go figure).

Mandrake's contrib cd contains ImPress... maybe
that's why I like Mandrake now :-)  AFAIK, they
and Debian are the only ones packaging ImPress
today.

Regards,
Chris

Steve Baker wrote many insightful things:

snip