[NTLUG:Discuss] Installation

Allen Flick allenflick at home.com
Mon Jul 2 11:18:27 CDT 2001

Finally got around to installing RH6.2 (that's what's in hand) on
another hard drive.  After a couple of attempts, all seems well
except for email. Now, the screen size I finally got working isn't
as big as my monitor, but it's near so, so I'll live with it for a while
'til I learn how to change it without going back to the installation.

Anyway, email..........  The installation loaded in Netscape, which
is my choice anyway.  I have gone into the preferences and
changed everything I can remember.  Now I can access the WWW
via Netscape, so the network card & IP addressing is correct, as
far as that's concerned.  But, no email.

Q: is there something else under Linux that I need to change/setup
so the email portion of Netscape will work?

As noted, I'm part of @Home.  Got my static IP address which
is good to go under *this* Win2kPro application.  I.E. the hardware
setup is identical except for the hard drive.

All help is deeply appreciated. To keep traffic to a minimum, please
email answers/ideas/flames/whatever to me directly instead of the
ntlug list.

Thanks again.
ALF