[NTLUG:Discuss] Terminal Text Editor Question

Aaron Goldblatt aaron at goldblatt.net
Wed Jul 25 19:02:54 CDT 2001

> Does anyone know of a text editor that is similar in layout and function to
> the old MS-EDIT editor? I have been in the MS command line enviorment since

A number of folks pointed out Pico.  However, depending on your needs, Pico's
licence may not be suitable.  Read the licence and check it out.

If you need something more like the GPL, the GNU version of Pico is nano and
is available from the usual suspects.  I learned to use Pico way back when on
a Sun box, and these days I use Nano identically, even with an "ln -s nano
pico" thrown in for ease of use.

ag