[NTLUG:Discuss] directlink.net (ex)-users

Kenneth Loafman ken at lt.com
Thu Sep 6 07:38:41 CDT 2001

Actually, no.

Directlink is either being sold or going under.  Either way, they will
no longer be calling the shots.  I got good service from them and wish
this had not happened, but I've been through transitions of businesses
before and the consumer normally loses.

As to @home, so far its been OK.  Service is slow and problematic, but
if its up, it tends to stay up, so I'll live with it.  I pay half the
price for @home as I did for Directlink and get faster downloads.

As to the rumor that @home is going under, its the Excite portal that's
losing money.  Worst case is that AT&T will take over the transmission
side and maybe up the prices a bit.  Don't know how they could justify
it though if you compare against the bandwidth required for cable TV and
its costs.

...Ken