[NTLUG:Discuss] since you mentioned POPTOP...

Paul Ingendorf pauldy at wantek.net
Mon Oct 22 10:11:32 CDT 2001

Actually all of those should route properly.  Something you need to be sure you
have set is echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ip_forward. That seems to be the biggest DOH!
of setting up a vpn using poptop.  Also there is no remote subnet.  The subnet
mask for a ppp connection is 255.255.255.255 this prevents eroneous data rom
being sent to you like on a broadcast network so as to avoid wasted bandwidth
over your ppp link.  So in effect you need not worry about the subnet mask being
assigned to the client.  You do however need to worry about forwarding rules on
your vpn server as this is what will allow or prevent you from being able to see
machines on the other side.

-->> mailto:pauldy at wantek.net
-->> http://www.wantek.net/
Running ....... Cos anything else would be a waste...