[NTLUG:Discuss] New Install Question

Rev. wRy slot0k at pogox.com
Thu Nov 1 19:15:12 CST 2001

I recently slicked my home box and moved from RH6.2 to 7.2 and have been
relatively pleased by the overall experience, but I'm about to go nuts
over one thing:

Keybindings.  Apparently my keyboard has defaulted into some strange
mode where I must press certain keys twice to get them to appear:

~ and ' are the two I've noticed.

I've tried resetting vi /usr/sbin/kbdconfig and am now a little lost as
that didn't seem to do the trick.

It doesn't matter if I'm in X or if I'm at a console - still have to
press twice.  I do also note that if I press ' once and then press
certain letters like 'e' for instance, I'll get é.

What am I overlooking to fix this?

Ry
(any additional info I can provide I will)
--
Your bitterness and worthlessness are not my problem.
I will, however, cheerily assist you in noticing it.