[NTLUG:Discuss] Where is a good place for downloaded applications?

greg hewett greg at hewetts.com
Tue Dec 18 11:39:40 CST 2001

I use the slackware distro because I am a control freak.  I use /usr/local to
put ANY application that I put on after the initial install for two reasons.

1.  It is default in most applications that I compile and install.

2.  I could delete /usr/local, and I would be back to my original slackare
    distro.

Greg