[NTLUG:Discuss] Sendmail - queued messages

Richard Cobbe cobbe at airmail.net
Tue Jan 22 07:15:05 CST 2002

Lo, on Monday, January 21, Greg Edwards did write:

> Seems to be something that would be simple but:)
>
> How do you tell sendmail to stop trying to send a message that was not
> delieverd and the server has said it would keep trying.
>
> "message not deliverable in the last 4 hours"
>
> "will keep trying for 5 days"

I *think* that
    sendmail -Mrm <msgid>
will work; to get a list of the msgids, run sendmail -bp.  You'll
probably have to be root.

As I say, though, this is only an educated guess: I run exim here, and
while it mimics a great deal of sendmail's command line structure for
compatibility (even going so far as having a /usr/sbin/sendmail
symlink), I don't know how close they are.  Check sendmail's manpage to
be sure.

HTH,

Richard