[NTLUG:Discuss] Programming

Patrick Parks patrick at patrickparks.com
Mon Mar 25 20:35:02 CST 2002

Thank you for your responses on this thread. I think the logical step
from what you guys are saying is to start out with shell scripting. then
go to C or C++. Some of you asked what I was looking to accomplish and
to be honest with you, I really don't have anything in mind. My REAL job
is RF Engineering, and the HTML and Java Scripting I do is for fun. I
guess I am looking for something proactive to do in linux since it is
now my main OS on my computers, thanks to all of the help from NTLUG
members. What I would really like to get into?? System administration
and network security are two things that have my interest at the moment,
with ?network security being #1. Thanks for all of the replies on this
subject, as always they are very helpful.

Patrick Parks