[NTLUG:Discuss] Issues: Video editing and word processing

chris.gamble@CPBINC.com chris.gamble at CPBINC.com
Tue Mar 26 10:51:55 CST 2002

Hello NTLUG list. I have a few issues with desktop linux I was hoping
someone could help with. My desktop install words great (just moved from RH
7.1 to Mandrake 8.2), but I am having trouble getting software for video
editing. Basically, I have film on a sony TRV DCR 720, and would like to
pull that onto my system and do editing. However, I can not find a decent
package to assist me with this. I have tried BCast 2000 on RH 7.1, but it
did not work at all.

Also, my other hobby is writing. I am trying to write a few books just for
fun, so I am spending a ton of hours looking at the screen. I have used open
Office and Abiword, but over time I find the fonts get hard to stare at. I
also have problems with both packages generating an accuaret page count.

So, those are my delimas, and hopedfully someone will have positive
experience dealing with these topics.

Thanks,