[NTLUG:Discuss] pppd questions

David Stanaway David at Stanaway.net
Tue Mar 26 21:35:37 CST 2002

This is something that was solved back in redhat 5 or ealeir wasn't it?

I haven't really used Redhat since then (I use Debian), but in the Redhat
control panel, you could configure the ppp0 interface including the dialup
details.

Then you could start/stop the interface with ifup/down ppp0 at the command
line, or something similar.

In Debian, the users that can start a ppp connection have to be in the dip
group. I think that redhat has something similar.

(I am looking at the redhat site now. )

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-7.2-Manual/ref-guide/ch-network
scripts.html

and

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-7.2-Manual/ref-guide/s1-network
scripts-control.html

Should be considered Required Reading for a Redhat user.

--
David Stanaway