[NTLUG:Discuss] Re: hard drive crash

Kyle Davenport Kyle_Davenport at compusa.com
Fri Mar 29 09:09:39 CST 2002

There was an issue with filesystem corruption upon unmounting in an earlier
kernel than 2.4.18, but that has been fixed. Look at the last few kernel
changelogs for IDE changes..

I would check the logs, rpm -V the kernel modules, look at hdparm settings,
and try the drakopt package.  Drakopt is a cool little Mandrake package
which runs thru all ide settings looking for optimum settings..