[NTLUG:Discuss] adding CDRW

Bobby Wrenn bjwrenn at augustmail.com
Fri Mar 29 12:35:00 CST 2002

I think I'm beginning to get it. I need to run MAKEDEV. I'm not sure what
flag I need to pass to the script. I have a real SCSI controller so I know I
don't want 'MAKEDEV sg'.  Since I only have the one SCSI device is it always
sda0? If so then should I run 'MAKEDEV sda'? will that give me what I need to
mount the drive?
If so, then I should be able to mkdir '/dev/cdrw' then 'ln /dev/sda
/dev/cdrw'. Then 'chmod 666 /dev/cdrw' and edit my fstab to include
'/dev/cdrw /mnt/cdrw user 00'

Is that all or am I missing something?