[NTLUG:Discuss] Software RAID-1 success and questions.

Richard Geoffrion ntlug at rain.lewisville.tx.us
Thu Jun 27 18:36:03 CDT 2002

From: "Chris Cox" <cjcox at acm.org>

> One more link for those who want to mirror root the old-fashioned way
> (this is a document I use when teaching Linux RAID at the college)....
>
> http://www-oss.fnal.gov/~mengel/mirror_root_mini_howto.html

Wow!  Time heals all wounds.

Now LILO v22 has an option 'raid-extra-boot =' that allows you to specify on
which devices to write the boot records!  WHOO HOOO!

I added 'raid-extra-boot = /dev/hda,/dev/hdc' to my lilo.conf.  Now I only
have to have one lilo config to do it all!

Just think how much easier Linux will be in five more years!

-Richard <---Getting the hang of linux software raid!