[NTLUG:Discuss] pptp patch on my back again

jeremyb@univista.com jeremyb at univista.com
Thu Jun 27 10:05:23 CDT 2002

I've patched 2.4.8 source with the patch specified in that how-to...
I didn't see a clear statement that lead me to believe that this patch would
Allow me to masq. pptp a pptp client on my LAN  ...but I assumed it would.
I'm running the patched kernel on my router now and I still can't get my
win98 laptop connected to the remote pptp server; I get error 650,
indicating that the pptp traffic is still getting mangled by the router....
It doesn't seem logical that I'd need to patch ppp as well,  but maybe My
logic is flawed.

Have you masq'd pptp clients using this kernel and patch or are you running
a pptp server only?

One thing I realized after completing the the kernel build was that I forgot
to do make mrproper after changing source...  That's probably why the make
bzImage failed.
I guess I'll try building the 2.2.5 source again.

Thanks,
  Jeremy