[NTLUG:Discuss] Further dual boot discussion

Wayne Dahl w.dahl4 at verizon.net
Tue Jul 9 11:03:59 CDT 2002

Hi again,

So far, the consensus seems to be to install Windows first, then
Linux.  What I've done so far is fdisked and formatted using the utilities
coming with Win98 and nothing else (it was getting really late this morning
;), so it's not too late to use something else.  I've used Disk Druid when
I installed RH 5.2 on my old PC, so I'm familiar with that.  Is that or
something else (I know there are other options for fdisking the hard drive
and setting up the partitions) what I should use to set up the
partitions?  I don't think Disk Druid even came with the RH 7.3 although
that's what I read from the Sam's book RHL 7.2 Unleashed with that version.

If it seems I'm being really paranoid, I probably am.  I just don't want to
mess this up and make things worse than they already are, but I do want to
get this set up so I can really start using Linux and learning the best way
I can...by using it.

Also, I do believe Win98 uses a FAT32 partition...am I wrong on
that?  Seems like that was one of M$'s big selling points for upgrading to it.

Thanks again,

Wayne