[NTLUG:Discuss] database(s) on Linux

Paul Ingendorf pauldy at wantek.net
Thu Oct 3 23:07:20 CDT 2002

Just FYI I didn't use numbers for either Blockbuster or GM that could get
people in trouble.  I do have it on good authority that both are spending
way more than they planed on implimentation projects.  I would also say
bottom line and your assurances might be two different things it is after
all in a round about way your worth you are defending.  And given recent
events at the organization I can't say I blame your fear.  As for the
numbers I quoted they came from a project I quoted about 6 months ago for a
client looking to do a simple POS system and a custom inventory tracking
system.  He had to have it on Oracle until he saw that almost tripled the
overall costs.