[NTLUG:Discuss] interpreting dhcpc info.

Chuck Graf cfgraf at swbell.net
Fri Nov 15 12:53:55 CST 2002

Ron Hamilton, you mentioned dynamic hosting with a non-static IP address.  I
have the same problem. My IP changes at random intervals on Southwestern Bell
ADSL.  I have a script running in cron.hourly that checks to see if my IP has
changed, and emails me the new address when it does, but that is not as good
as what you describe.  How does the Dynamic Hosting work?

Also, Richard Geoffrion, does running the re-dhcpcd script every hour maintain
your same address?  That would be a help also, if it works.
--
Chuck Graf
cfgraf at swbell.com