[NTLUG:Discuss] spam / email setup help

Neil Aggarwal neil at JAMMConsulting.com
Fri Nov 22 14:51:21 CST 2002

Ry:

That is a cool idea.

Regarding security, the fact that he is doing pop3 means
that he is sending his password in cleartext to the server
anyway.  Your solution is no less secure that what is going
to happen each time he checks his mail.

This is precisely why we dont use pop3, telnet, and ftp.
They are horribly insecure protocols.

	Neil.

--
Neil Aggarwal