[NTLUG:Discuss] Linux Distro

TJ Davis TJDavis at sagu.edu
Mon Mar 10 15:40:11 CST 2003

I have worked with madhat on this a LITTLE but we didn't really get anything
figured out.  For some reason even though I send it in plain text and it
works correctly for every other server in the world, when I send it to ntlug
it gets posted as html.  I have no idea why and there is nothing that I can
do about it but if it is such a big deal then I will stop posting here and
find a LUG that doesn't mind.  If anyone has any idea on what might be the
problem I would be glad to try any suggestions.  I would like to remain
active on this list but if I am not going to be welcome then I will not be
such a HUGE burden to you anymore.

It seems sad to me that people would make a big deal out of something so
small.  You guys are the first group of actual humans (not just aliases in
forums) that I have interacted with in my Linux journey and so far I am not
at all impressed because most of you are VERY rude and not even slightly
friendly.  There are a few exceptions because I really respect some of you
such as Chris Cox and Reverend Wry.  It is too late for me but maybe in the
future you should consider being a little nicer to folks if you want to
persuade people that Linux is actually a descent option.  Being a jerk who
thinks he knows everything is no way to impress anyone.  Unfortunately that
is the view that I have of most people on this list.  I guess I will see how
friendly some of the other LUGs are.