[NTLUG:Discuss] SuSE 8.2 startup screen resolution

Chris Cox cjcox at acm.org
Wed Jun 4 13:36:55 CDT 2003

Darin W. Smith wrote:

> The FRAMEBUFFER stuff never occurred to me.  How did you find out about
> this?  I did some googling, but so far have come up empty.  I haven't
> been active on the kernel mailing list in over 2 years, so if there was
> discussion of this there, I missed it (guess I could go look at the
> archives).

I remember searching... seeing other posts similar to mine and just
giving up on having it work.  There were some recommendations (changes
to the fbdev stuff in the kernel)... I tried that, still couldn't
get it to work... so I just went text on boot.  A reasonable test
is to go to 512M if you can and see if everything works ok.