[NTLUG:Discuss] Firefox Javascript issue

Wayne Dahl w.dahl4 at verizon.net
Mon Feb 23 16:48:38 CST 2004

I realize that Firefox is not a mature application, but maybe someone
will have an answer as to it's behavior.

There is a site I hit at...

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/USLocalWide.asp?loc=kdfw&seg=LocalWeather&prodgrp=RadarImagery&product=JavaLoop&prodnav=none

And Firefox cannot open the javascript window.  It asks if I want to
download the appropriate plugin which I do, says it's installing it,
then gives a completed window.  You're supposed to shut down the browser
and reopen it and it's supposed to work...however, it does not.  I have
checked and it's installing the Java2 plugin, but for some reason,
Firefox is not seeing it.

The plugin is located in ~/Firefox/firefox/plugins/java2, however, there
are several subdirectories located below that one in which the plugin is
actually located.  Does Firefox not search the subdirectories for the
actual plugin or does it want it specifically in the first plugins
directory it sees?

I'll understand if I can't get an answer on this one.  I really do like
the browser, but it IS not mature, after all and mozilla makes a point
of saying that about it.

Thanks,

Wayne