[NTLUG:Discuss] OT: Java question

Paul Ingendorf pauldy at wantek.net
Sun Mar 28 00:48:37 CST 2004

Why not?

// begin iHate.java
It has become kludgy, bloated, un-efficient, and Sun's lack of support makes
it not as cross platform as they would have you believe.  I think they
should scrap the shit out of it and rework it from the ground up with a more
logical layout and more than some sun engineer's stream of consciousness
layout for packages.

Sorry I've spent the past 5 years working with java on and off and with all
the languages I have had the pleasure of working with java has to be the
biggest pile of donkey doo I have ever run into.  I love the model but the
implementation leaves a ton to be desired.  Sun seems to care more about
getting that proverbial kitchen sink in there to care though.
// end iHate.java

I wish they would scrap java as we know it now and come up with a logically
implemented version that doesn't require them depreciating
classes/methods/fields so fast it makes your head spin.