[NTLUG:Discuss] Best NIC

Burton Strauss Burton_Strauss at comcast.net
Fri Feb 11 13:26:12 CST 2005

Well... There's the driver question and then there's the 'quality' question.

For 90% of users, any supported NIC is good enough.

If you're stressing things, such as network monitoring, busy servers, etc.,
you'll want a NIC that offloads a lot of processing onto the card.  I use
Intel and 3Com (esp. the 3C905s).

-----Burton